The De Villiers Lease Consultancy team offers a comprehensive range of services to investors and occupiers. Our specialist team focuses principally on rent reviews, lease renewals and lease restructures of leasehold properties working across the office, industrial, retail and leisure sectors in the UK.
The primary Lease Consultancy services are as follows:-
- Lease Restructures – In the current economic climate lease restructuring can be a great initiative for unlocking value for clients. The “Lease Event” (rent review, lease renewal or break clause) is the one time when Landlords and Tenants talk to one another and mutual benefits to the relationship can be negotiated, examples include insertion or deletion of a break clause, extending the term or opening up a restrictive user clause to gain a higher rent. Tenants, in some instances can receive incentives in the form of rent frees or cash sums where the Landlords investment value is enhanced.
- Rent Review – In rent review negotiations we utilise our agency contacts and databases to give us comprehensive knowledge of local and national markets. We specialise in analysing Case Law, which can be valuable in proving whether a lease is advantageous or disadvantageous to the hypothetical Tenant, thus affecting the rent eventually paid.
- Break Clauses/Lease Expiry – We ensure our clients position is protected and offer advice on the rights of lease renewal and compensation under the 1954 Landlord and Tenant Act plus the obligations to be met to operate a valid break clause.
- Leasehold Enfranchisement – We offer freeholders and lessees valuation advice and we negotiate premiums payable for either lease extension or freehold purchase. We will negotiate on our clients behalf and if necessary act as Expert Witnesses in Leasehold Valuation or Lands Tribunals.
- Litigation / Expert Witness – Our surveyors have provided dispute resolutions over many years dealing with professional negligence, matrimonial disputes, boundary or construction issues as well as party wall disputes. We have acted on behalf of individuals as well as corporate clients with experience in both tribunal and court environments.
For further information and/or to arrange an informal ‘no cost, no commitment’ meeting with a De Villiers surveyor, please complete the contact us form or call us on 0207 637 7554.